Monday, May 17, 2010

Happy Birthday, Mom!

Happy birthday to my amazing mother! I'm telling you, you should get to know her. She will bend over backwards to help anyone, and she is the strongest, wisest, smartest woman I know. She'll even give you advice on a Post-it! :) When I think about all of the things (and children) she has endured and conquered, I am in awe. She has traveled the world and even hiked the Na Pali trail in Kauai! She has shown so much strength and grace and a great sense of humor in the face of difficulties (not me, of course--ha ha), and I am so grateful for her wonderful example. I couldn't have asked for a better mother, and I wish her the happiest of birthdays today.
This is a picture of my mom with her mother and grandmother in 1934--Boulder City, Nevada. Her father helped build Hoover Dam.

Now this one is just cute.
This is a picture of her mother and siblings (she's the oldest--top row, middle), which they took to send to her father while he was in the hospital. He died shortly thereafter. Her baby sister was born a few months later. I should tell you about my amazing grandmother sometime!
My parents on their wedding day in 1952. I'm pretty sure she made that dress--or at least helped her mom make it. She's an incredible seamstress.
Happy birthday, Mom!

3 comments:

  1. Sad! I can't see any images! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm. I wonder why they're not showing up...They take a second to load for me, but eventually they get here. I'm sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cheryl,
    It's Heather from Family Volley. I just wanted to thank you for your comment today on Family Volley.

    I love your blogs. The cards are fantastic, and I had to laugh out loud when I saw that cute picture of your family. Funny, we only have three kids and people ask us similar questions. Can't imagine all the questions you get.

    I will be back to visit often.

    Thanks for reading.

    xo
    Heather

    ReplyDelete